Me and my so-called "little" addictions!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

All-Time Favorite Korean Drama List

Annyeong Haseyo!!

From the greeting above, you already know what to expect from this blog entry. *fan girl wave* I've been wanting to write about my favorite Korean drama series and movies but I couldn't squeeze in a lengthy review. You know, I wanted to write soooo much about it so I need hours to do this! LET'S GO, LET'S GET IT ON! AJA AJA, FIGHTING! *eyes on my co-fan girls*

Being a fan girl of Korean drama series and movies didn't began just like that. Way back the late 90's when the gorgeous men of F4 or better known as the Meteor Garden (Taiwan) hailed the national television here in the Philippines, almost every household couldn't resist the asian telenovela craze. Wuhoo! I was in highschool back then when the Asianovela Craze started. From there, other Asian countries shared their home-grown talents in other neighboring countries, especially to the Philippines.

This entry post may include drama series from other countries that left a strong impact in my heart. Heart talaga? Haha! And definitely, no particular order. I will be posting a review for each or probably things that I can remember about the series. Some dramas were watched like a long time ago so my memory will not be as good anymore but I will do my best to do a writeup that would give justice to the films. Haha! Comments, suggestions and violent reactions are always welcome.
First on my list would be the Korean Drama that made me laugh, smile and cry countless times. Can you tell me which Korean series is the picture from? Wee.

FULL HOUSE (2004)



Rain and Song Hye Kyo really touched the heart of so many with this masterpiece. It's a cat and dog film who always ends up fighting, arguing and hurting each other's feelings but behind those petty fights is an in denial love waiting to be uncovered. Full House will be a forever favorite. I even watched this more than three times and still, it didn't fail to make me laugh. Good times, indeed! This was first aired in the Philippines by the GMA Network, and years later they made a Philippine version of this. Pretty good but still, nothing beats the original.

The OST of Full House was also amazing. Until now, I've been keeping them in my playlist in my music player and phone. It always reminds me the wonderful storyline of the series.
--


  
GU FAMILY BOOK / LOVE STORY OF KANG CHI (2013) - NEW!!! JUST IN!



See full review here: http://chocolatestardust.blogspot.com/2013/08/k-drama-gu-family-book-love-story-of.html


PRINCESS HOURS / GOONG (2006)


 








The epitome of beauty and being handsome during those days was the Prince and Princesses of the Princess Hours. Admit it, you wanted to have that life sized bear that Ju Ji-Hoon gave to Yoon Eun-Hye. Eun-Hye played the role of an ordinary girl who became a princess. The story of the Princess Hours won't break your heart until the 14th or 16th episode, so prepare yourself for a good laugh in the early to the not-so-later episodes. You will fall in love with the characters over and over again and somewhere in the middle, you will wish you were Shin Chae-kyeong. Haha! I can still remember back in college when me and my classmates discuss the episodes during class, fan girls!! :)

Same with Full House, Princess Hours do have a beautiful soundtrack. Super love!! Enjoy!
--

YOU'RE BEAUTIFUL (2009)



Honestly, I couldn't even remember how many times I've seen this drama. You're Beautiful is generally beautiful. The casts, their on-screen characters, the story -- everything! It is just so perfect. At first, I was really hesitant to watch this maybe because Jang Geun Suk looked gay or some sort of whatever but when I have survived half of the first episode, I just couldn't help it, I think I have finished it in one day. OMG. The boyband AN.Jell was a phenomenal band, the story actually revolved around them. Well, your eyes are on feast while watching this. A lot of the scenes will make you laugh, fall in love and would break your heart. Every episode is worth watching.

This is definitely one of my favorite dramas of all time! 
--

ROOFTOP PRINCE (2011)



I have posted a full page review on this, so that only means it really has a great impact on me. You can read it here: Rooftop Prince Review

The happy scenes are just irresistible. From the bodyguards to the love team, it was full of passion, love and excitement. Nonetheless, I enjoyed watching it and I hope you would too if you haven't seen it yet. I can guarantee that after watching the whole series, you would feel like watching it all over again (like I did).

Well, Rooftop Prince is definitely a must-see Korean Drama!!

--

COFFEE PRINCE (2007)



Another Yoon Eun-Hye series. What is not to love about her? This is actually the first series that I saw her with that short hair. I laughed a lot and cried a little. Coffee Prince was sort of a feel-good drama for everyone to see. It's light yet brings out the strong character of each cast. By just looking at it, if you haven't still watched it, you will be thinking that it is an another-gay-flick, but no, there's more to it than meets the eye! Another thing is Gong Yoo is love. Need I say more?
--

SECRET GARDEN

Hyun Bin and Ha Ji Won gave me sleepless nights for this! At first, it was a bit confusing but as the story went on, a special love was seen throughout. I laughed, cried and got eye bags too. I supeeer love the twists and everything about their love. Such a beautiful love story! Must watch! :)


 


PERSONAL TASTE/PERFECT MATCH



Cheers for the brilliant actor named Lee Min Ho. I can't deny it, I'm a major fan. Hehe! Btw, I have watched almost all of his series/movies except for Faith. Anyway, this is yet another masterpiece. Personal Taste (Korean Title) is sweet, undeniably charming and packed with surprises. I love the transition! I love the roles of the characters, Lee Min Ho being an Architect (and a trying hard gay) and Son Ye Jin as a furniture maker. I love series which is related to the arts and crafts. Although there are parts of the story that is a bit too slow, well, that's pretty normal for a Korean drama. Overall, both actors were pleasing to the eyes, no dull moments!

The OSTs are to love as well :)
--


BOYS OVER FLOWERS (2009)




Look at that photo!! Can you imagine other guys portraying their roles? Me, no.

Generally, Boys Over Flowers made me crazy although I've seen Hana Yori Dango and Meteor Garden before, still, BOF got me hooked up and made me suffer with those sleepless nights. Haha. Some parts may come so dragging and full of angst but the Jan Di and the guys are too charming to hate. It's a Korean Drama with lesser evil. The OST, story, actors and everything in between made me love this series to bits.

PLAYFUL KISS (2010)




See review here, newly posted: PLAYFUL KISS REVIEW
How I love Kim Hyun Joong and Jung So Min!

CORNER WITH LOVE (2007)

Sorry, this isn't a Korean drama rather it's a Taiwanese series set in Shanghai. I had really no plans of watching this before but out of boredom, I did. Well, I'm just happy I got bored because I was able to see a funny drama with lots of twists. Show Lou and Barbie Hsu (San Chai in Meteor Garden) starred in this romantic comedy. The usual, Barbie was rich and Show was poor. The love didn't develop that fast, it was slowly but surely (as they say) but despite the slow transition of the story, the love was worth it. Corner with Love was hilarious, weird yet lovable and nonetheless, worth watching.
--



This quote was stuck in my brain until now: If something doesn't belong to you, you won't be happy even if you get it. - Grandma

-----------

Obviously, I'm into Romantic Comedies. Haha! 
Happy watching What do you think? :) Thanks for dropping by!!


Anyway, here's more:
I just don't have the luxury of time to write a detailed review for each, but will do, soon!

Korean Drama:
To The Beautiful You
Save the Last Dance for Me
My Girl
Love Rain
Mary Stayed out All Night
Spring Waltz
Sweet 18
*still thinking*

Taiwan Drama:
Fated to Love You
Devil Beside You
 ISWAK

Japanese Drama:
One Litre of Tears (literally!!!)

Hana Yori Dango
Hanazakari Kimitachii

Again, thank you for dropping by!!

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Those are my favorites too.

rayray chin said...

Yay. Happy that we share same favortites. Thanks for dropping by! :)

filebookph said...

Great selection of k-dramas. I love them all.

rayray chin said...

Thanks for dropping by! Nice website btw.

Unknown said...

Gud pm, I suggest that you watch NINE. It's the best k drama so far this 2013. It's unpredictable and full of twist. Hopefully, you can make a review after watching it. Thanks

shubhi said...

awsum list.:) :)

irish said...

how can you not have Dae Jang Geum / Jewel in the Palace

Unknown said...

Great content!! btw i have a download drama korea

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Reviews and... *stuff*, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena