Me and my so-called "little" addictions!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

K-drama: Playful Kiss Review

Ahhhhh!! Talk about a lame Kim Hyun Joong fan. Ok, that's me.

I know for a fact that this korean drama was aired years back, but just to give you a hint on how lame I was, I just watched it last week.


Anyway, here goes.

Overall Rating
4.0 STARS
(as 5 being the highest)


Last 2010, if I remember it right, my housemates watched this on DVD but I never got to join them. I just heard them laughing and have this *kilig factor* (insert: my housemates are real men). It got me interested but since I was so busy back then, I wasn't able to watch it right away until last week.

The poster itself didn't entice me at all. It looked like a poster for some branding endorsement and not for a korean drama that would make your heart fall. LOL. Although I knew that it was the Korean version of ISWAK and ---- err, forgot the Japanese title. But then again, it proved me wrong. There's more to it than meets the eye.


Characters

Kim Hyun Joong as Baek Sung Jo
Jung So Min as Oh Ha Ni 
Lee Tae-sung as Bong Joon-gu
Lee Si-young as Yoon Hae-ra
and a lot more!

Overview

Baek Sung Jo is a cool geek. He's a walking encyclopedia who knows almost all sorts of stuff except his own feelings. *cheesy* On the other hand, Oh Ha Ni is a go-getter but poor in academics, she knows what she wants and she knows that she's really into Baek Sung Jo. What do you think, does opposite really attracts? Hmm.


Oh Ha Ni is a stalker and is really a self-confessed Baek Sung Jo fanatic. She follows him on school and even wrote a love letter. But Baek Sung Jo, the-hard-to-get-rich-smart-guy is a sucker for a lousy and no-brainer Oh Ha Ni. Until one day, both of them were caught in a situation that they both couldn't escape, it was when Oh Ha Ni and her father was forced to live with his friend (Oh Ha Ni's dad) since their house was wrecked by an earthquake. Look at how fate made them closer, the best friend of his dad was Baek Sung Jo's dad. WHAT A SMALL WORLD. A happy small world for Ha Ni while a disastrous small world for Baek Sung Jo. Watch it yourself and see how these two different worlds collide!




There. I guess that would be an enough background for you to get curious :)

 Review


Playful Kiss is surprisingly entertaining, sweet and filled with unexpected excitement. It may have light moments but not considered as dull. The characters played by Kim Hyun Joong and Jung So Min were portrayed well. I didn't even expect that they would have this strong chemistry on screen. I love them really! I laughed a lot, got lost in a whirlwind of emotions, smiled and cried. I played rewind a couple of times for that episode below, oh my! Baek Sung Jo is so sweet, cool and gaaaah, makes me crazy!



My entire experience of the Playful Kiss Drama was awesome! I will never ever ever get tired of watching it over and over again.

Kim Hyun Joong <3 Jung So Min was indeed one of the best team up ever! I love it to bits.


How was your Playful Kiss experience? Did the Baek Sung Jo / Kim Hyun Joong magic hit you? Well, it did - to me! :)

----
Disclaimer: I don't own the photos. Credits to owner. Thank you!

4 comments:

Azhar Mashroon said...

It was an awesome tele-drama about a love story... This is a should watch drama by every couple. Because there are lot of sensitive tiny thing in love, this drama shows up that we need to understand for a forever love...

Unknown said...

I liked Kim Hyun Joong in this romantic drama. He is so charming and adorable. I wanna watch the epilogue. unfortunately i Couldn't find it :(
Post: Freeads

Unknown said...

This is one of my favorite drama ever. I love the team up of So Min and Hyun Joong. Liked you, I laughed, I cried, it has a twisted story. I keep watching this over and over again. Really worthy to watch.

Van
www.gofastek.com

Unknown said...

I watched this twice already. And this is the best of all Korean drama. Thanks for making a blog of Playful kiss. You are the best blogger.

www.imarksweb.org

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

© 2011 Reviews and... *stuff*, AllRightsReserved.

Designed by ScreenWritersArena